The Best Ovulation Test Kits For 2020
Ovulation Test Kits: A General Overview
Knowing more about one’s ovulation can be a great way to predict and track one’s cycle. With this, one can determine and predict the peak period for getting pregnant or conceiving. This can be difficult if it is done by just observing certain signs of ovulation. Fortunately, there are several ovulation test kits available that can help in predicting when the best period is to try getting pregnant and can also help some individuals avoid or prevent getting pregnant.
But what are these ovulation test kits? Generally speaking, these test kits use urine to detect any ovulation that is impending. These test kits can do their job through their ability to detect the LH hormone. These test kits are also referred to as ovulation tests, ovulation predictor kits, or OPKs. Most of these test kits will come with several test strips (thin strips of paper), or they may also look similar to test kits for pregnancy. Individuals use these kits in one of two ways- first, people can pee directly on the kit. The second process involves the person peeing on a cup and then dipping the strip to get the results.
The results one gets can be an indicator when ovulation may be occurring. Ultimately though, using these OPKs can save you valuable time and effort when aiming for pregnancy or save the individual from unnecessary stress in reliably avoiding getting pregnant or conceiving.
Pros and Cons of Using Ovulation Test Kits
As with any other form of medical or health device, there are some advantages and disadvantages to using these Ovulation test kit. Below are some of them:
- They are regarded as user-friendly or easy to use. Unlike checking the basal temperature of the body, one does not need to have a thermometer within arm’s reach.
- Compared to the charting of BBTs, these kits can let you know when ovulation is coming not when it is already over. Unless the individual is monitoring the mucus from the cervix, charting BBTs won’t be able to let individuals know when they should (or should not) have intercourse to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy.
- These predictor kits don’t require utilization as the person wakes up. While urine in the morning is ideal, using the said kits within the 6 hours window can still provide accurate results.
- Some individuals who do not find checking for mucus ideal may opt to go test kits.
- Ovulation test kits can be quite pricey particularly for people who have irregular cycles of menstruation, which requires using multiple test strips.
- Some individuals can find it challenging to get results that would lead to positive ovulation. This is because some people may not get a strong surge of LH, making it difficult to read the line if it comes up lighter in shade.
- These tests may also not work that well for individuals suffering from PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome, which can have surges or changes in the levels of LH within the same menstrual cycle.
- Because of how they measure LH levels, these test kits may get results that are positive several times per day resulting in false- positives which means that ovulation is not occurring.
- These kits may also show that the body is just attempting to ovulate but is not a confirmation that ovulation occurred. It can happen that a surge in LH transpired without having released an egg.
The Best Ovulation Test Kits For 2020
Should you decide to use the best ovulation predictor kit, then listed below are some of the best test kits available in the market today:
1. Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test
Best Overall- Clearblue’s test kits are at the top of the list due to it being user-friendly and for its accuracy. No need to have lines interpreted since a smiling icon shows up for those peak fertility periods. It promises an accuracy rate of 99% and it only needs three minutes to display its results. The kit has 20 test strips and one only has to pee on one before plugging it in the monitor (reusable) to see the kit,s ovulation prediction.
2. WondFo 50 Ovulation Test strips and 20 Pregnancy Test
Best for those on a Budget- Wondfo produced an ovulation test kit without much flash and flair but it can help individuals identify when they will be most fertile. It contains 50 strips which means that it will last longer compared to the other kits on this list. Simply collect some pee and have the strips dipped in for up to five minutes. The kit will then let you know if the surging of the LH has occurred meaning that the chance of getting pregnant is at its highest. As a bonus that shows just how value-added these test strips, it also contains 20 pregnancy test strips.
3. Clearblue Fertility Monitor, Touch Screen
Best in the Smart Monitor Category- For those who want the best and greatest in terms of the latest gadgets and technology, then this monitor may just what you may be looking for. It can help individuals monitor their levels of LH (similar to other ovulation tests) as well as estrogen. It also has a neat feature where it can show an individual’s peak, middle, and low levels of fertility and store the said information for up to the 6th cycle. It is also simple to use and will have a monitor that will inform the individual regarding the next best course of action.
4. Pregnant 50 Ovulation and 20 Pregnancy HCG Test Strips
Best in the Strip Category- Those who do not want to be bothered by the use of monitors can use these strips instead. It is pretty straightforward and will let the individual know when she is at peak fertility. It measures the levels of LH to determine when the surge may happen. It also has 50 strips which means that it will last longer than other kits.