Very Easy Coconut Flour Biscuits Recipe
There were days when you just randomly feel hungry. You suddenly crave biscuits but you do not have the right ingredients to do it or you are after a healthier type of cookie. Look no further as we will share with you the recipe of your next favorite cookie: coconut flour biscuits! Find out how to make these in this article.
What are Coconut Flour Biscuits?
This type of biscuit is known for being buttery and soft. With this, coconut flour biscuits have been a favorite of pregnant women. The good thing about this biscuit is that you can make it flaky or dairy-free, depending on your preference. There are even those who prefer to use coconut oil.
Another advantage of this biscuit is that it can be used on different occasions. It can be used savory
applications, or you can make them as desserts. If you want, you also have the option to make it a snack.
Coconut Flour Biscuits Ingredients
To get started, you first need to buy and gather the following ingredients:
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil or butter
- Coconut flour
Take note that the preparation time for this dessert is 5 minutes. Cooking it will take around 15 minutes. So all in all, you can easily make these biscuits for about 20 minutes. Easy, right?
Coconut Flour Biscuits Instructions
Once you have completed all the needed ingredients, proceed to the step-by-step procedure:
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Then, place all the ingredients in a bowl. Then, mix these using a hand mixer or immersion blender. Continue doing this until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Make small balls using your hands and spoon. You need to make the balls ½ thick for better results.
- Place the balls in the oven and bake these up to 15 minutes. You will know that the biscuits are ready when they are already brown.
It is important to note that these biscuits are denser than the usual biscuits that you eat. But if you want to make a fluffier version of these, follow these steps:
- Combine all the mentioned ingredients using a food processor. Make sure that you add cold butter. If you do not have this, you can use coconut oil or ghee or even a combination of both. Continue mixing until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add beaten eggs into the mix. Be sure that you will not overmix.
- Slowly and gently make balls from the mixture. Then flatten these while making sure that these are still thick.
Take note that coconut flour can absorb moisture. But this will still depend on the brand of flour that you will use. So if you are going to try this recipe for the first time, you should apply the oil little by little to get the right mixture.
Coconut Flour Biscuits Variations
If you get tired of the usual coconut flour biscuit, you can make a different variation to match your taste. Try these:
- Flatten the biscuits and wrap these around a sausage. This will make the pigs-in-blanket type of biscuits.
- Use cookie cutters to make different shapes of your cookies. You can even ask your kids or friends to help you with these.
- Add cayenne, green onions, and cheese to make cheesy biscuits.
- Make these into sandwiches. These will make a great snack. If you want, you can also eat it during lunch or breakfast if you are planning to lose weight.
- Another alternative is to spread jam, PBJ, or almond butter. You can also have all these jams for different biscuits.
- Place cream cheese with cinnamon.
- You can add the biscuit with soup or chili.
- If you are a fan of Eggs Benedict, you can add hollandaise sauce, bacon, and egg to the biscuit.
- For breakfast, you can have whipped cream and strawberries with this biscuit.
You can also experiment if you want to. There is no limit on what you can do with this biscuit, as long as you feel like doing it, do not hesitate to try. Who knows? You might discover a new snack that everyone will surely love.
What is Coconut Flour?
Unlike other types of flour, coconut flour is known for its various health benefits. In fact, this flour is rich in healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Also, it is low in calories, digestible carbohydrates, and sugar, so it can be used for weight loss. It is even recommended for those who have nut allergies, vegetarians, and those who have diabetes.
Even better, it can give you tons of health benefits including:
This flour has MCTs that are metabolism regulators in your body. So when you consume it, expect that these will be easily digested. In fact, these immediately go to your liver.
A single cup of coconut flour can already provide you with your required fiber needs. So if you are aiming to prevent constipation, you can eat foods with coconut flour. In addition, this flour can be prebiotic to help you have optimal digestion, preventing constipation.
Maintain Blood Sugar Levels
Research shows that coconut flour can help you maintain your blood sugar levels. Since it contains protein, fat, and fiber, it can make you feel full so you will not overeat. This can be a great way to lose some excess pounds as well.
In conclusion, coconut flour is not only a great ingredient as it can give you tons of health benefits. One delicious food that you can make using this flour is coconut flour biscuits.
Fortunately, making these cookies are easy and quick. You even have the option to make different variations and use these on different occasions.
So in case, you feel hungry again, check the ingredients listed above, and consider making coconut flour biscuits with your family. Not only will it make you feel full, but it can also be a great way to bond with your loved ones.