Is There A Best Time To Conceive A Baby Boy?
There are many people out there trying to conceive. And not just conceive but conceive a particular gender. Some people want a baby boy, and for some, they want a baby girl. Well, some tips can help out with conceiving a particular gender. A few people know about this while many don’t. So to help out, we will be talking about the best time to conceive a baby boy after periods. This way, you would be able to prepare right before that time.
Conceiving indeed seems like something so simple. But the truth is that a lot of things go on when something tries to get pregnant. There are phases in the menstrual cycle that wouldn’t allow a person to get pregnant. And there are phases that pregnancy would happen speedily. Certain tips would help a woman conceive faster. You must know these tips. The good news is that we will be sharing those tips with you today. We will be taking a look at 6 expert tips that you will need when you want to conceive a baby boy. This is quite interesting, so don’t miss out on this.
Best Time to Conceive a Baby Boy After Periods
Conception is simply that point where a male sperm fertilizes the female egg. And the time for a woman to conceive varies from woman to woman. For some women, they would be able to conceive within months, while for some, it would take years. When it comes to conceiving, you must understand both the male and female reproductive organs. And understanding a woman’s cycle is also very important.
So you start counting the menstrual cycle of a woman from the day she starts her period. She would menstruate for about 3-7 days. The number of days would also vary from woman to woman. After some days, the woman would start ovulating. Then right after ovulation, it would take about 12-16 days before she sees her next period. The normal cycle would last for around 28-35 days.
Take note that ovulation is when eggs are released. So the best time to conceive is within day 1-2 of ovulation. To make things a bit easier for you, your ovulation would be around 14 days after the first menstruation. That is if your cycle is around 28 days.
The life-span of an egg is around 12-24 hours after it has been released. So if there would be any fertilization, the man has to fertilize the egg with the sperm within this period. The good thing is that the sperm stays a lot longer. The sperm could last as long as 7 days in the woman. So if the sperm is released days before ovulation it would still be able to fertilize the egg when it is released. As long as it’s within the 7 days.
Tracking ovulation can be a bit hard so you have to do the proper calculation and frequent sex if you want to conceive. For frequent sex, it could be every 2-3 days within the month. This would increase your chances of conception.
6 Expert Tips
One thing that you must bear in mind is that the gender of the child is determined by the father. The father carries the XY gene. And it’s the Y that is needed for making a male baby. So the Y is gotten from the father, and the X is gotten from the mother. The coming together would make 46 chromosomes.
Let’s now take a look at some of the expert tips that you can opt for.
- Best sex position: Make sure that the sex position is one that would allow the sperm to travel faster. The closer the sperm is to the cervix the easier it would be. Some of the popular positions are doggy style, straddling, and standing up.
- Eat healthily: There was a study carried out that showed that diets high in sodium and potassium would favor conceiving a boy. One good source is bananas and vegetables. But you have to be careful when it comes to consuming bananas as they are high in sugar content. Consuming too much could increase the risk of gestational diabetes.
- Track cycle for male sperm to fertilize: The male sperm is known to be faster than the female sperm. So if you have sex right during ovulation, the male sperm would fertilize the egg. But if the sperm has been there for some days the female sperm would be dominant and this would cause the female sperm to most likely fertilize the egg.
- Underwear of the man: It has been found out that the male underwear has something to do with how the sperm is produced. Your partner must wear good underwear. This could pose serious fertility problems. If the person wears tight underwear it would cause the scrotum to increase in temperature. And in the end, the number of sperm that would be produced would reduce.
- The female orgasm: There’s a belief that female orgasm helps with conception. It is believed that when the woman is aroused, there is a release of an alkaline substance, and this alkaline substance increases the chances of the male sperm to survive. With this, the chances of conceiving a boy increases.
- The babydust method: This is one book that many people are raving about. You might want to read this book if you want to have a boy. Many people have tried out things written in this book, and it has been effective. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to give it a try. The book is written by Kathryn Taylor.
So there you go, those are some of the tips that would help you out with conceiving a baby boy. As long as you go by the best time to conceive a baby boy after periods and follow these tips the chances are high. And you in no time you might be expecting your baby boy.