How to Make Homemade Baby Wipes
Homemade baby wipes are moist towelette or piece of cloth or paper used for changing diapers and cleaning your infant sensitive skin. Homemade baby wipes are not only used for babies but you can use them to clean hands after handling dirty objects or to wipe hands before and after eating. Homemade baby wipes can provide you with an easy and ready to use towelette. in places without access to running water or alcohol.
Uses of Baby Wipes
Baby wipes are commonly used for wiping a sensitive baby skin but they can be used for adults. The name is generally used to refer to any handy and ready to use towelette.
- Removing eye makeup: Baby wipes are a good alternative for beauty wipes because it’s cheaper.
- Clean crockeries: Earthenware and ceramics often get stains from milk, juices and coffee. Baby wipes are good at removing such stubborn stains.
- Clean plastic and real plants: Your indoor plants will soon accumulate some dirt. With baby wipes, you can reach those edges that are hard to reach by a feather duster.
- De-grease cooking wares: Homemade baby wipes are good at getting rid of oily and messy grease from frying and grilling.
- Clean before and after shaving: Baby wipes are best as a cleanser before and after shaving to avoid razor burns.
- Scent drawer and wardrobe: Make a baby wipe square, add a drop of essential oil and place it in the corner. They can lightly scent your drawer and wardrobe.
- Blackboard and whiteboard: For teachers and students, baby wipes can be handy for cleaning and removing chalk or ink from pen markers.
- Clean smartphone and tablet: Baby wipes can provide a gentle way to remove fingerprints, smudge and dirt from smartphone and tablet screens.
- Laptop and computers: Your pc can accumulate dust in its speakers and keyboards. Use baby wipes to thoroughly clean them. In fact some commercial laptop cleaners
- Moisten stamps and letter envelopes: Instead of adding your saliva to envelopes and stamps, wipe them with baby wipes.
- Provide a handy car cleaning kit: Keep a handy box of baby wipes clean dashboard, stirring wheel, cup holders and Lighter. They are also handy for cleaning coffee, and juice spillage and even vomit from nauseating passengers.
- Clean shoes and sneakers: Baby wipes are good shoe polish alternatives too.
- Remove dried bird poo: Pigeons and sparrows can leave a corrosive and drying poo in your windshield and car rooftop.
- Clean your nose: Remove boogers!
- Clean your nails: Remove nail polish or simply clean your nails after nail cutting.
- Cleaning your guns: If you’re police, soldier or a civilian owner of the gun, baby wipes are good cleaning kit.
- Clean carpet: Homemade baby wipes are a good extra tool for carpet cleaning.
- Getting off marks from photographs: Wipe off pen marks, smudges and from photographs.
How to Make Homemade Baby Wipes
A good homemade baby wipe may consist of any or combo of these ingredients:
- Essential oil: Provides fragrance and antibacterial properties. You can choose lavender, orange, lemon, tea tree oil, sandalwood, oregano and cinnamon oils.
- Water: Dilutes the extra ingredients.
- Soap: Helps you clean your baby’s bottom from poop and urine.
- Cotton flannel: Serves as a wiping material and holds the liquid ingredients.
Homemade Baby Wipes with Antibacterial
Homemade Paper Wipes With Witch Hazel Extract
Homemade baby wipes with baby wash
Note: you can use shampoo instead of baby wash and hot distilled water.
DIY Cloth Wipe Solution
What Are The Best Materials For Baby Wipes?
The best materials for baby wipes are used clothing, reusable cotton flannel wipes, bamboo wipes, soft microfibre (one of the best fabric for baby skin).
The Bottom Line
Homemade baby wipes are a good alternative for commercial baby wipes. Save money and time by making baby wipes with ingredients found in your laundry room or kitchen. For environmentally friendly baby wipes, use cotton or paper towels as they degrade easily. Make sure that the ingredients you’ll use are safe for your baby skin if you intend to use for your baby.